Cecilia Eng's post from Facebook
Lee Gold
2023-11-10 19:19:49 UTC
Barry emaild me that Cecilia Eng posted on FB (but not the date when she
posted it):
Frank Hayes is in Providence Hospital in Portland, Oregon after
suffering a heart attack yesterday. Tests seem to indicated that his
left ventricle is not getting enough oxygen due to blocked arteries. He
is scheduled for an angiogram today, and is not in any pain and in
reasonably good spirits. Needless to say, he will not be attending this
week's OryCon 43.
Jeff Urs
2023-11-11 02:19:53 UTC
Post by Lee Gold
Barry emaild me that Cecilia Eng posted on FB (but not the date when she
Frank Hayes is in Providence Hospital in Portland, Oregon after
suffering a heart attack yesterday. Tests seem to indicated that his
left ventricle is not getting enough oxygen due to blocked arteries. He
is scheduled for an angiogram today, and is not in any pain and in
reasonably good spirits. Needless to say, he will not be attending this
week's OryCon 43.
She posted it today.
Jeff
John Davis
2023-11-11 11:41:06 UTC
Post by Jeff Urs
Post by Lee Gold
Barry emaild me that Cecilia Eng posted on FB (but not the date when she
Frank Hayes is in Providence Hospital in Portland, Oregon after
suffering a heart attack yesterday. Tests seem to indicated that his
left ventricle is not getting enough oxygen due to blocked arteries. He
is scheduled for an angiogram today, and is not in any pain and in
reasonably good spirits. Needless to say, he will not be attending this
week's OryCon 43.
She posted it today.
--
Jeff
Uploading care and concern
However the good news... Where as when I was a child a heart attack was serious bad news. >Today the survival rate is over 95% if you are still breathing when you arrive at hospital.. I personal know several folks who STOPPED breating.. one at a shopping mall. One at the hospital ER reception desk and still made it. I' spent a bit of time in a Hospital cardiac ward myself (I never stopped breathing....but one of my roommates did... we both survived) all survived.

Health care today is amazing.... I wish Frank the best recovery. May it be fast and complete.

My cardioligist introduced himself as follows "Hello, I'm Dr. Krishin, I'm your Electrician" And so he is. If you need a plumber (I have two stends) you get the Shaff. (his office partner)
Paul Rubin
2023-11-12 06:52:03 UTC
Best wishes to Frank for a quick and total recovery.