New Filk: Redhead's Lament
X-Lydia
2017-08-25 06:56:26 UTC
Redhead's Lament
Tune:"Tomorrow Belongs to Me" by John Kander/"Tomorrow" by Charles Strouse

Lyrics by Susanna R. A. Miller

Some sing of an African king with great pride,
or love of a country that's free,
or fields of tall corn spreading far and wide,
as far as the eye can see.

The blondes have a chorus of ominous bliss
and solos by Lorelei Lee,
but one little redhead has only this:
"Tomorrow" belongs to me.

A roundheaded kid (whom I'm sure that you know)
is quietly crushing on me,
but Happiness Is in that other show -
"Tomorrow" belongs to me.

(I have to sing "Tomorrow"?!
Redheads shouldn't ever sing "Tomorrow"; it's been done -
"Tomorrow", "Tomorrow", I hate you, "Tomorrow",
you're always a key away!)
Lee Gold XP