Pushing the Speed of Light
Daphne Eftychia Arthur
2018-10-13 18:45:21 UTC
Has a transcription of Jordin Kare's "Pushing the Speed of Light" been
published anywhere? I've been searching for it, and I can find lyrics,
purported chords, and a YouTube copy of the recording from _Space_
_Heroes_and_Other_Fools_, but no sheet music for the melody. Anyone
know where I can get it? (Preferrably online or in something still in
print that I can order? *crosses fingers, knocks on wood* ) I'm trying
to transcribe it myself, but I'm not great at transcribing vocals.
--
Daphne Eftychia Arthur (who used to be d'Glenn) ***@panix.com
Due to hand/wrist problems my newsreading time varies so I may miss followups.
http://www.dglenn.org/ http://dglenn.dreamwidth.org
Daphne Eftychia Arthur
2018-10-13 22:03:57 UTC
Never mind -- asking the question in public turned out to be the magic
spell to make the sheet music turn up. Apparently a few pages fell out
of my copy of Westerfilk II when the GBC plastic thingie broke, but I
have recovered a scan in a forgotten archive directory. *whew*

I need to win the lottery and use the money to hire a librarian to
organize my life.
Lee Gold XP
2018-10-14 02:44:04 UTC
Post by Daphne Eftychia Arthur
Never mind -- asking the question in public turned out to be the magic
spell to make the sheet music turn up. Apparently a few pages fell out
of my copy of Westerfilk II when the GBC plastic thingie broke, but I
have recovered a scan in a forgotten archive directory.*whew*
I'm glad you've recovered it.

What pages are you missing?

--Lee
Scott Dorsey
2018-10-14 13:38:50 UTC
Post by Daphne Eftychia Arthur
Never mind -- asking the question in public turned out to be the magic
spell to make the sheet music turn up. Apparently a few pages fell out
of my copy of Westerfilk II when the GBC plastic thingie broke, but I
have recovered a scan in a forgotten archive directory. *whew*
I am glad to hear that you have found a solution to your dilemma. However,
your question has created a new dilemma for me, because it occurs to me
now that you can sing the words "Pushing The Speed of Light" to the tune
of "Twisting the Night Away" and this is now in my head and will not depart.
Post by Daphne Eftychia Arthur
I need to win the lottery and use the money to hire a librarian to
organize my life.
That sounds like a good plan, but if it were me I might want an arranger too.
--scott
Tim Merrigan
2018-10-14 20:53:11 UTC
Post by Scott Dorsey
Post by Daphne Eftychia Arthur
Never mind -- asking the question in public turned out to be the magic
spell to make the sheet music turn up. Apparently a few pages fell out
of my copy of Westerfilk II when the GBC plastic thingie broke, but I
have recovered a scan in a forgotten archive directory. *whew*
I am glad to hear that you have found a solution to your dilemma. However,
your question has created a new dilemma for me, because it occurs to me
now that you can sing the words "Pushing The Speed of Light" to the tune
of "Twisting the Night Away" and this is now in my head and will not depart.
Post by Daphne Eftychia Arthur
I need to win the lottery and use the money to hire a librarian to
organize my life.
That sounds like a good plan, but if it were me I might want an arranger too.
--scott
Only with the light application of a sledge hammer.
There are the same number of syllables, but the emphases are in the
wrong places.
and to the republic which it established, one nation, from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.
Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.

Tim Merrigan
Jeff Urs
2018-10-16 16:22:02 UTC
It's not