Looking for a copy of Murder, Mystery, and Mayhem
g***@gmail.com
2017-03-02 09:05:30 UTC
Hey Sam,
I just got a copy of the album in cassette form which I have converted to FLAC. My wife and I have also been looking for a copy for 18 years (we had a cheap tape copy.) Since it is out of print, I would love to send you an electronic copy so it can be shared with the world again. I will also post a torrent on a share site for the same reason. Please send me an email to ***@gmail.com and I'll send you a link. I believe in paying artists for their work, but this is different. I was so overjoyed to have the good version of "Lammas Night " again! Talk to you soon.
Paul Rubin
2017-03-02 09:21:03 UTC
Hey Sam, I just got a copy of the album in cassette form which I have
Did you mean to post this?

A quick web search finds copies of the CD for sale in various places.
g***@gmail.com
2017-03-02 09:25:57 UTC
My wife has an incomplete copy of this album, and we are looking for a
complete copy. I'd prefer to get this from someone who is official with
Ecklar et al. If it's out of print and vanished, then I'm willing to settle
for a copy that includes enough information to send a reasonable payment to
the proper place. I believe that this project was a Julia Ecklar production,
with Mercedes Lackey and some one else whose name I don't remember. If you
know of a group of other current albums that contain the songlist from this
album that would work too.
Thanks in advance,
Sam Robinson
Sam,
I have a copy and tried to send it to you, but received an error saying your mail folder was full. Please email me and let me know where to send it. My wife and I have searched for 20+ years and finally landed a cassette copy that I converted to FLAC. Hope to hear from you soon.
Chris
Paul Rubin
2017-03-02 09:48:08 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
My wife has an incomplete copy of this album, and we are looking for a
complete copy.
Sam,
I have a copy and tried to send it to you, but received an error
saying your mail folder was full.
You just responded to a post from 2002! It's not that likely that Sam
is still at the same email address or reading the newsgroup after this
long. Does anyone know him? Anyway you can buy the CD online.
s***@gmail.com
Rubin, the Murder, Mystery and Mayhem CD that's showing up online when I look is not the same songs as the cassette tape, not even close. Unless you can provide a link to this CD of Mercedes Lackey/Leslie Fish, I think you've got the wrong thing.
Bianca Slate
2017-09-27 09:57:02 UTC
There are many people who would love to get their hands on the 1985 Off Centaur version of Mercedes Lackey's "Murder, Mystery & Mayhem" cassette tape.
Speaking as one of them, if you know anyone who has the original version of
B3-Lammas Night - Music: Leslie Fish
Kathy Mar: Vocals, Guitar
Dominic Bridwell: Vocals
Leslie Fish: Guitar
Kevin Roche: Vocals
URL:https://www.discogs.com/Mercedes-Lackey-Murder-Mystery-Mayhem/release/8924450
The 1989 Firebird Arts and Music cassette (and later CD)"Magic, Moondust & Melancholy" has the song credited as:
Lackey/Fish
Heather Alexander vocal, guitar
Ernie Mansfield bass, alto flute

URL:http://www.firebirdarts.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_231&products_id=143

Post by Bianca Slate
There are many people who would love to get their hands on the 1985 Off Centaur version of Mercedes Lackey's "Murder, Mystery & Mayhem" cassette tape.
Speaking as one of them, if you know anyone who has the original version of
B3-Lammas Night - Music: Leslie Fish
Kathy Mar: Vocals, Guitar
Dominic Bridwell: Vocals
Leslie Fish: Guitar
Kevin Roche: Vocals
URL:https://www.discogs.com/Mercedes-Lackey-Murder-Mystery-Mayhem/release/8924450
Lackey/Fish
Heather Alexander vocal, guitar
Ernie Mansfield bass, alto flute
URL:http://www.firebirdarts.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_231&products_id=143
Mary Creasey has a copy of that tape.
I just asked her.
Email her at ***@att.net

--Lee Gold
Bianca Slate
2017-09-29 01:07:42 UTC
Thanks so much! I will!
Harold Stein
2017-10-03 02:15:23 UTC
I have heard that Firebird did some replacement tracks on their
rereleases, so that is possible they did change out the performance.

As for MMM, I did do a digital conversion of that tape years ago, if you
don't have any luck with Mary Creasey who hopefully will be able to
provide you the recording you want.