New filk: Pills
2017-02-16 06:25:38 UTC
Title: Pills
ttto: Boozin' (If anyone knows who wrote it, please let me know.)

What are you taking when you're feeling down?
Pills that make you feel better.
What do you use to get rid of your frown?
Pills that make you feel better.
No yoga for you and no walks in the wood;
No therapy showing you've misunderstood.
Why should you exert yourself when there are good
Pills that make you feel better?

Pills and pills like M&M spills.
Pills and pills for when you are ill.
Some are preventative, some are for thrills,
But you've got to pay all those pill's bills.

Are you phlegmatic and sleepy and tired?
Pills will make you feel better.
Or are you jumpy and nervous and wired?
Pills will make you feel better.
The blue slow you down and the red are for speed;
To mellow you out take some pill made from weed.
Whatever your problems we all are agreed
Pills will make you feel better.

Pills and pills control energy.
Pills and pills, it seems guaranteed
You can control pep to a fine degree,
But watch out for all of those pill's fees.

What makes your body and mind so bizarre?
Pills that screw up your system.
What can't you take to get back up to par?
Pills that screw up your system.
Your body's confused and destroying your brain.
There's only one thing that can stop your new pain.
I hope you've the mind left so you'll ascertain
Pills are screwing your system

Pills and pills are wrecking your bod.
Pills and pills, they make you feel odd.
Because when you use them, though you feel like God,
It's because you're thinking is now flawed

My lyrics copyright 2017 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.
Kay Shapero
2017-02-16 06:41:20 UTC
Post by Arthur T.
Title: Pills
ttto: Boozin' (If anyone knows who wrote it, please let me know.)
Alas, no clue. Like the filk!
--
Kay Shapero
FAQ at http://www.kayshapero.net/filkfaq.htm