New song: Ghostwriters
2017-05-19 10:44:47 UTC
Since this is what I do for a living now, you might call this a work song.

Ghostwriters
Words: Gary McGath, Copyright 2017
Music: Ray Parker, Jr., "Ghostbusters"

If you want to write
But your writing sucks,
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTWRITERS!
If your name will sell,
You'll pull in the bucks.
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTWRITERS!

I ain't 'fraid to outsource. (2x)

If you've got ideas
Running through your head,
Who can you call?
GHOSTWRITERS!
You can't write them down
But you want them read.
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTWRITERS!

I ain't 'fraid to outsource. (2x)

If you need some prose
You know how it goes:
Just call
GHOSTWRITERS!

If you need a dose of a
Well-written post, baby
You better call
GHOSTWRITERS!

Let me tell you something
Writing makes me feel good!

I ain't 'fraid to outsource. (2x)

Don't write content yourself, oh, no
GHOSTWRITERS!
When it goes out the door
If you just want some more
I think you better call
GHOSTWRITERS!

Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTWRITERS!
I can't hear you!
GHOSTWRITERS!
Louder!
GHOSTWRITERS!
Who ya gonna call?
GHOSTWRITERS!
Mark Mandel
2017-05-20 05:34:15 UTC
I've had a title in mind for years, but never been able to do anything with it. Anyone who wants "Ghostwriters In The Sky" is welcome to it.

Mark Mandel
"the filker with no nickname"
Gary McGath
2017-05-20 10:09:06 UTC
Post by Mark Mandel
I've had a title in mind for years, but never been able to do anything with it. Anyone who wants "Ghostwriters In The Sky" is welcome to it.
There's "Writers in the Sky" by Lawrence Dean, found in the collection
"On Filkley Moor."
Lee Gold XP
2017-05-20 11:09:30 UTC
Post by Gary McGath
Post by Mark Mandel
I've had a title in mind for years, but never been able to do anything with it. Anyone who wants "Ghostwriters In The Sky" is welcome to it.
There's "Writers in the Sky" by Lawrence Dean, found in the collection
"On Filkley Moor."
There's "Ghost Writers on the Sly" in Filker Up #3, a political song
about a firm that writes speeches for politicians, with blank spots for
opponents' names.

--Lee
Gary McGath
2017-05-20 23:04:21 UTC
Post by Lee Gold XP
Post by Gary McGath
Post by Mark Mandel
I've had a title in mind for years, but never been able to do
anything with it. Anyone who wants "Ghostwriters In The Sky" is
welcome to it.
There's "Writers in the Sky" by Lawrence Dean, found in the collection
"On Filkley Moor."
There's "Ghost Writers on the Sly" in Filker Up #3, a political song
about a firm that writes speeches for politicians, with blank spots for
opponents' names.
Sounds a little like my "Your Crook's Name Here."

And "Ghost Writers" by Kristin Ruhle in Xeno No. 36.
Kay Shapero
2017-05-24 04:21:47 UTC
In article <ofmi4r$8iv$***@dont-email.me>, ***@REMOVEmcgathREMOVE.com
says...
Post by Gary McGath
Since this is what I do for a living now, you might call this a work song.
Ghostwriters
Words: Gary McGath, Copyright 2017
Music: Ray Parker, Jr., "Ghostbusters"
If you want to write