Looking for a song
2017-04-03 00:16:12 UTC
When I couldn't write anything down, I had an idea for a filk.
If I can remember the source song, I think I'll be able to remember
the idea.

It's a Jim Steinman song. It was one of his very popular songs
during the time he and Meatloaf weren't getting along. It wasn't
"Total Eclipse of the Heart".

My search-fu is not good enough to get a list of those songs.
Perhaps one of you can, or perhaps you can help me remember what
those songs were; I don't think there were more than about half a
dozen.
Lee Gold XP
2017-04-03 00:41:03 UTC
Post by Arthur T.
When I couldn't write anything down, I had an idea for a filk.
If I can remember the source song, I think I'll be able to remember
the idea.
It's a Jim Steinman song. It was one of his very popular songs
during the time he and Meatloaf weren't getting along. It wasn't
"Total Eclipse of the Heart".
My search-fu is not good enough to get a list of those songs.
Perhaps one of you can, or perhaps you can help me remember what
those songs were; I don't think there were more than about half a
dozen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Steinman_discography may be helpful
Click on the album name and you'll get a Track Listing.

--Lee
Arthur T.
2017-04-06 21:28:11 UTC
Post by Lee Gold XP
Post by Arthur T.
It's a Jim Steinman song. It was one of his very popular songs
during the time he and Meatloaf weren't getting along. It wasn't
"Total Eclipse of the Heart".
My search-fu is not good enough to get a list of those songs.
Perhaps one of you can, or perhaps you can help me remember what
those songs were; I don't think there were more than about half a
dozen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Steinman_discography may be helpful
Click on the album name and you'll get a Track Listing.
Good suggestion, but it didn't work for me. It did, at least,
give me outer bounds for the non-Meatloaf years. That'll limit my
future searches. Thanks.