New filk: Filker
2017-08-19 03:27:20 UTC
Title: Filker
ttto: Mother

F is for the folk songs that we steal from.
I is for the intellect it feeds.
L is for the low-down puns we reel from.
K is for the kindliness it breeds.
E is for errata in the filk zines.
R is for the room where circles run.

Put them all together they spell "filker",
And filking's what I do for fun.

My lyrics copyright 2017 by Arthur Tansky.

I don't see any good reason for this to be further distributed.
I wrote this for only one reason: I decided that I wanted to be a
Mother filker.

Lee, I had trouble coming up with something for E; I didn't mean
any disparagement to you or any other zine editor.

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.
2017-08-21 10:38:20 UTC
Post by Arthur T.
E is for errata in the filk zines.
Lee, I had trouble coming up with something for E; I didn't mean
any disparagement to you or any other zine editor.
My email this morning included a report of an error in my errata for
Tomorrow's Songs Today, so it seems only fair.