Poem: Spring
2017-03-20 04:02:32 UTC
This is a poem to no tune I'm aware of. It's a tad early, but
I'm not going to get up at 06:29 (local time) to post it.

Title: Spring

Though spring is here,
The trees appear
To be in winter's clutch.

The mild days
Have had delays.
I wish it weren't such.

When winter comes,
And fall succumbs,
I hope that I will find...

The bitter air
Is still nowhere,
But nature's not that kind.

[Actually, we've had some summer-like days this winter in my
area. But we're also expecting temperatures below freezing less than
24 hours after the equinox.]

Copyright 2017 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.
Gary McGath
2017-03-21 10:39:38 UTC
Post by Arthur T.
[Actually, we've had some summer-like days this winter in my
area. But we're also expecting temperatures below freezing less than
24 hours after the equinox.]
Where I live (NH), we consider ourselves well off if there isn't any
significant snow in April.

Schumann's "Spring" Symphony has been running through my head a lot
lately, and it was warm enough yesterday for a pleasant walk among the
snowbanks.
Lee Gold XP
2017-03-21 12:44:34 UTC
Post by Gary McGath
Post by Arthur T.
[Actually, we've had some summer-like days this winter in my
area. But we're also expecting temperatures below freezing less than
24 hours after the equinox.]
Where I live (NH), we consider ourselves well off if there isn't any
significant snow in April.
Los Angeles' seasons are those of the Mediterranean Climate, much the
same as that of the Jewish year.

Passover (the first full moon after the Sping Equinox) typically marks
the end of the rainy season, though no year is average. We then enter
the summer dry season.
In recent years "fire season" is all year round.

--Lee