New filk: My Own Business
2016-11-02 00:27:03 UTC
I've followed the original in that the chorus is two
constant lines followed by the last two lines of the previous
verse. Anyone wishing to save space could apply the obvious
compression.

Title: My Own Business
ttto: Jug of Punch

I was minding my own business when
I was accosted by "righteous" men
They did not like things that I had done
But away from them, I would not run

Go away madame; go away good sir
I don't care what things you say you prefer
They did not like things that I had done
But away from them, I would not run

Whate'er I do, well my body's my own
If you don't like it, just leave me alone
It's not your business, what I'm up to
You don't get to set my taboos.

Go away madame; go away good sir
I don't care what things you say you prefer
It's not your business, what I'm up to
You don't get to set my taboos.

I could rattle off all my favorite kinks
I don't care at all what the priggish think
I suit myself and I suit my friends
And I don't care what message it sends

Go away madame; go away good sir
I don't care what things you say you prefer
I suit myself and I suit my friends
And I don't care what message it sends

Well, their book says that and their book says this
So I'll turn around; they know where to kiss
I have done no wrong, so I feel no guilt
As I've harmed no one, I'll do what I wilt

Go away madame; go away good sir
I don't care what things you say you prefer
I have done no wrong and I feel no guilt
As I've harmed no one, I'll do what I wilt

[Yes, I know "wilt" is second person, not first. I decided
to use it, anyway, both for rhyme and as reference to the
familiar law.]

My lyrics copyright 2016 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.
Gary McGath
2016-11-02 00:40:08 UTC
Post by Arthur T.
I've followed the original in that the chorus is two
constant lines followed by the last two lines of the previous
verse. Anyone wishing to save space could apply the obvious
compression.
Good one.

"I'll do what I wilt" could apply to my gardening (lack of) skills.
2016-11-02 00:55:05 UTC
Post by Gary McGath
Good one.
Thank you.
Post by Gary McGath
"I'll do what I wilt" could apply to my gardening (lack of) skills.
Wouldn't that be, "I'll wilt what I do"?