"We Sang with Jordin"
Lee Gold XP
2017-09-08 13:10:38 UTC
I'm probably going to ask Barry to sing this at the memorial circle at
Loscon (Thanksgiving weekend) and print it in an upcoming Xenofilkia --
along with any extra verses it picks up along the way.

WE SANG WITH JORDIN
by Lee Gold
to the tune of "Sail for Amber"
see http://lyrics.wikia.com/wiki/Jordin_Kare:Sail_For_Amber

Chorus: We sang with Jordin — when he pulled out his guitar
We sang with Jordin — and he took us to the stars.

We are the fans who sang with Jordin — let us treasure the memories dear
For his voice cut sharp through the haze of the circle, and each word
was always clear
And we lifted our hearts and we followed along — singing "Fire in the Sky"
And we'll never forget the story he told us — "Waverider she sailed high."
"Waverider she sailed high."

Chorus
Lee Gold XP
2017-09-08 14:42:18 UTC
Post by Lee Gold XP
[...]
And we pulled out our songbooks and looked at his lyrics — don't forget
Callahan's Bar
But we firmly believed he had dozens more songs for us — than he had
written so far.
And we treasured the filksongs that he had parodied and added to through
the years.
Yes, we'll never forget what he did to the story of McQuillin the engineer.

Umm, this is perhaps a bit rougher.

--Lee