The Jaeger Dragoon
2017-11-01 19:26:34 UTC
I just came across this Girl Genius filk, by someone called "Kurtoons,"
while looking for something else GG-related.

The Jaeger Dragoon
https://archiveofourown.org/works/12113025

The only change I'd make would be to sing "Ja! Ja! Ja!" instead of "Yes!
Yes! Yes!"

(I'm spelling it "Jaeger" here since Usenet is iffy about any non-ASCII
characters.)
X-Lydia
My husband, who's also a filker, is the BIGGEST Girl Genius fan; he and I *very* recently played Dragoon Guards in a local production of Patience, and had to listen to the original lyrics, in ranks, with a perfectly straight face. He is going to ADORE this.
Gary McGath
2017-11-03 12:21:31 UTC
Post by X-Lydia
My husband, who's also a filker, is the BIGGEST Girl Genius fan; he and I *very* recently played Dragoon Guards in a local production of Patience, and had to listen to the original lyrics, in ranks, with a perfectly straight face. He is going to ADORE this.
There's also a version by Bill Laubenheimer about the "True SF Fan." It
naturally includes the line "The dash of a Dorsai."
X-Lydia
2017-11-05 03:41:17 UTC
Considering that early Dorsai material was published under the title "The Genetic General"(say *that* three times fast, without lapsing into a Sullivan tune), naturally indeed.
Mark Mandel
2017-11-05 17:41:03 UTC
I didn't know the Dorsai patrolled punctuation.

Mark