Space Junk is Fallin' in the Drink
"Jim Goulder"
2017-10-26 02:13:20 UTC
http://www.businessinsider.com/spacecraft-cemetery-point-nemo-google-maps-2017-10

To: "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" [Burt Bacharach, music; Hal David,
lyrics; from the film _Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid_, 1969]

Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head - YouTube

Karaoke Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head - B. J. Thomas * - YouTube

VERSE

Space junk is fallin' in the drink,
Some burned-up detritus you would hardly ever think,
Came from high above,
Yet space junk is fallin' in the drink; it keeps fallin',

VERSE

They have a name for that graveyard out at sea.
Nemo's a point computed geographically,
Most remote of all,
Where old satellites and bits of spacelab keep fallin',

BRIDGE

But there's one thing we know:
The thermosphere is crowded,
Almost clouded, with useless junk,
That really has to be re-routed.

VERSE

Space junk is fallin' in the drink,
Space programs everywhere know they will have to sink,
Orbital debris,
'Cause they're never gonna stanch the volume of launches,
More satellites,
Occupyin' the heights.

BRIDGE

That useless junk which really has to be re-routed.

VERSE

Occupyin' the heights.
Arthur T.
2017-10-26 03:59:07 UTC
Post by "Jim Goulder"
Space junk is fallin' in the drink,
Nice song. And thanks for the pointer to the article; it was
news to me.