New song: Bikers on the Road
2016-11-29 01:39:07 UTC

What the bikers do for fun
Sometimes seems quite overdone
And the roar of many Harleys
Tells all others they've begun
See them in their fine array
At the starting of their day
And the Harleys sound like thunder
As they start to move away

My lyrics copyright 2016 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.
Spear Carrier
2016-11-29 03:27:58 UTC
*applause* Excellently done! If the father-in-law hadn't given up biking, I'd share this with him. I might anyway.
Gary McGath
2016-11-29 10:45:23 UTC
Post by Arthur T.
Title: Bikers on the Road
ttto: On the Road to Mandalay
There are two tunes to "Mandalay" that I know of (though I don't know
either one well), and probably lots more. Did you have any particular
one in mind?

One was a tune which my uncle sang when I was a kid, and I think was
pretty popular at the time, but all he ever sang was the chorus.
2016-11-29 19:15:28 UTC
Post by Gary McGath
There are two tunes to "Mandalay" that I know of (though I don't know
either one well), and probably lots more. Did you have any particular
one in mind?
One was a tune which my uncle sang when I was a kid, and I think was
pretty popular at the time, but all he ever sang was the chorus.
I only know of one, and I couldn't find a composer credit for
it. It's probably the popular one. And yes, the tune for the chorus
was more familiar to me than the tune for the verse.

OTOH, I wrote to a tune which matches Kipling's original, so
probably any other tune which also matches the original should match
mine. QED. The logic is perfect and ... who let those pesky facts
in here?
Jeff Urs
2016-11-30 12:47:49 UTC
Very well-written!