December 17th
Lee Gold XP
2016-12-02 18:19:39 UTC
http://www.conchord.org/xeno/tyra.dec.html

We are dithering between bringing non-fat Catalina sauce chicken
or beef stew with burgundy wine
and would like to know what probably attendees would prefer.

We will probably also be bringing fruit cake.
http://www.kayshapero.net/fruitcake.htm
Note that the rum and/or brandy is added AFTER baking.

--Lee

LAFA Filksing
Saturday, December 17, 2016, 7:30 PM - whenever
Pre-filk dinner at 6 pm. See notes
Sandy and Gerry Tyra
Pennies from Heaven
***@planet-tyra.com
43306 Hampton St.
Lancaster, CA 93536
GPS: 34/40.171 N., 118/14.220 W.
(661) 943-3660

Pre-filk dinner: 6 pm, Potluck. The Tyras will be providing a pot of
chili or hearty soup and a big pan of baked macaroni and cheese. People
should bring other main dishes, side dishes, or salads.
Directions: Thomas Guide L.A. Co. 4104 F-2.

From almost anywhere: Take I-5 to exit 162, CA-14 freeway to Ave. K.
Turn West (Left) on Ave. K, 4.6 mi. to 60th St. W. South (Left) on 60th
St. approx. .3 mi. to Ave. K-4 -- the very first right turn. Turn West
(Right) on K-4 about 300 ft. to Hampton St. South (Left) on Hampton St.
to 43306, at the corner of Ave. K-6 and Hampton St.

Type of circle: Bardic
Notes:

Lots of crash space available, call in advance for a bed.
There is a Great Dane
Children welcomed on good behavior
Gas grill available if you want to BBQ meat.
No smoking indoors.
Silicon lifeforms available for Filk reference only.

For LAFA Information: Contact Lee & Barry Gold, (310) 306-7456 To get
emailed LAFA announcements, send email to ***@ca.rr.com or
***@ca.rr.com
Or visit the LAFA announcement page.
http://www.conchord.org/lafaad.html
Gary McGath 2.0
2016-12-02 18:26:37 UTC
Post by Lee Gold XP
[...]
From almost anywhere: Take I-5 to exit 162, CA-14 freeway to Ave. K.
Turn West (Left) on Ave. K, 4.6 mi. to 60th St. W. South (Left) on 60th
St. approx. .3 mi. to Ave. K-4 -- the very first right turn. Turn West
(Right) on K-4 about 300 ft. to Hampton St. South (Left) on Hampton St.
to 43306, at the corner of Ave. K-6 and Hampton St.
Type of circle: Bardic
Lots of crash space available, call in advance for a bed.
There is a Great Dane
Children welcomed on good behavior
Gas grill available if you want to BBQ meat.
No smoking indoors.
Silicon lifeforms available for Filk reference only.
For LAFA Information: Contact Lee & Barry Gold, (310) 306-7456 To get
Or visit the LAFA announcement page.
http://www.conchord.org/lafaad.html
You're posting your home address on Usenet and inviting random strangers to your house. Let's file that under 'what could possibly go wrong'.

LM
Tim Merrigan
2016-12-02 21:20:28 UTC
On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 10:26:37 -0800 (PST), "Gary McGath 2.0"
Post by Gary McGath 2.0
You're posting your home address on Usenet and inviting random strangers to your house. Let's file that under 'what could possibly go wrong'.
LM
How do you propose inviting people to a party without saying where it
is?
and to the republic which it established, one nation, from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.
Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.

Tim Merrigan
Gary McGath
2016-12-02 21:47:48 UTC
Post by Gary McGath 2.0
You're posting your home address on Usenet and inviting random strangers to your house. Let's file that under 'what could possibly go wrong'.
LM
How do you propose inviting people to a party without saying where it
is?
Ignore the scumbag. He's desperate for any kind of attention.
Gary McGath 2.0
Gary - pick up the phone, we can make everything alright.
Gary McGath
2016-12-02 22:26:32 UTC
Post by Gary McGath 2.0
You're posting your home address on Usenet and inviting random strangers to your house. Let's file that under 'what could possibly go wrong'.
I just got an email from Gerry. He said someone sounding vaguely like me
called him. It's "Lance Manload," trying to intimidate the hosts of the
housefilk.

I can assure you he's a coward. Don't let him rattle any of you. If you
have any doubts about whether a communication really is from me, contact
me directly if you have my contact info, or use trusted channels.
Gary McGath 2.0
2016-12-03 05:26:24 UTC
Post by Gary McGath 2.0
You're posting your home address on Usenet and inviting random strangers to your house. Let's file that under 'what could possibly go wrong'.
I just got an email from Gerry. He said someone sounding vaguely like me
called him. It's "Lance Manload," trying to intimidate the hosts of the
housefilk.
I can assure you he's a coward. Don't let him rattle any of you. If you
have any doubts about whether a communication really is from me, contact
me directly if you have my contact info, or use trusted channels.
"I can assure you he's a coward."

People have feelings Gary. Try and be nice for a change.
Barry Gold
2016-12-04 17:25:23 UTC
Tune: Hallelujah Chorus

Rhyme and Scansion
Rhyme and Scansion
Rhyme and Scansion
Rhyme and Scansion
The usual(*) rules (ap)ply

Make it rhyme, please
Make it scan, please
Make it rhyme and
Make it scan please
Make it rhy-yme and scan.

When re-ee-ply-y-ing in this newsgroup
Make it rhyme and
Make it scan please
Thus we de-al with trolls.

etc.

(*) You-zhuhl

Spear Carrier
2016-12-03 15:28:24 UTC
Post by Lee Gold XP
http://www.conchord.org/xeno/tyra.dec.html
We are dithering between bringing non-fat Catalina sauce chicken
or beef stew with burgundy wine
and would like to know what probably attendees would prefer.
We will probably also be bringing fruit cake.
http://www.kayshapero.net/fruitcake.htm
Note that the rum and/or brandy is added AFTER baking.
--Lee
Wish we could come! You're so far away, by the time we got there we should have turned around a long time ago.