noticed on Facebook
Lee Gold XP
2016-12-01 19:14:22 UTC
Eli Goldberg
November 25 at 9:21am

Resharing our newsletter - 2016 holiday filk sales and a
never-before-heard Julia Ecklar song for free download.

--
Hi everyone!

IN THIS ISSUE:

* Prometheus winter sale! 25% off everything we make through 12/30/2016
* Flowinglass sale: $10/CD for Cynthia McQuillin, Tolkien and more
* Never-before-heard Julia Ecklar song "The Leaving" - free MP3
* An update on unreleased Horsetamer tracks

== OUR 2016 HOLIDAY SALE ==

This winter, we're again offering 25% off our whole CD and digital
download catalog. Sale ends 12/30/2016.

Click to check out our winter sale:
http://www.prometheus-music.com/wintersale.html

PLEASE NOTE: To get the discount automatically, you must click the "Add
to Cart" button on the Winter Sale page. It won't give the discount if
you click "Add to Cart" on any other pages. (if that happens, just
e-mail me and I'll fix it.)

== $10 FLOWINGLASS SALE - CYNTHIA MCQUILLIN, J.R.R. TOLKIEN... AND MORE ==

Our friends at Flowinglass Music have again put their entire filk and
folk catalog up for a $10/CD holiday sale. This includes many of Cynthia
McQuillin's best albums: Singer in the Shadow, Witch's Dance, and
others. Mystic Lady - featuring unreleased songs by Cynthia - is just $6.67.

Their limited edition album, The Starlit Jewel (settings of Tolkien's
lyrics by Marion Zimmer Bradley) is also included in this sale, as is
Margaret Davis & Kristoph Klover's newest album "Snow White: The
Mirror’s Revenge".

Click to check out the Flowinglass holiday sale: http://flowinglass.com

The Cynthia McQuillin albums are here:
http://flowinglass.com/shadowsale.html

== DOWNLOAD AN UNRELEASED JULIA ECKLAR SONG - "THE LEAVING"! ==

We've dug up a never-before-released song by Julia Ecklar, "The
Leaving". It was originally written for the 1983 Elfquest album, A
Wolfrider's Reflections. With Julia's permission, you can download it
now for free here: http://www.prometheus-music.com/audio/TheLeaving.mp3

Apologies that the 30+ year old source quality isn't great - and thanks
to Adam Puche for the digital conversion!

== AND AN UPDATE ON THE UNRELEASED HORSETAMER TRACKS… ==

I had the good fortune to spend time with Michael Moricz (who produced
Divine Intervention and Horsetamer) in Pittsburgh last month.

I am excited that he was able to successfully track down and begin
reconstructing two unreleased songs he recorded in 2008 for the
Horsetamer album - "Lammas Night" and "Arafel's Song". We're hoping to
have these fully mixed and made available for sale in the next few months.

(As an aside, it was really magical to actually see Michael in a studio
for the first time, after 15 years of working with him. I can't claim
the footage is exciting, but you can watch teaser snippets of him
reconstructing Arafel's Song here:

https://goo.gl/photos/KA5s2n2h5JxW5mTx7
https://goo.gl/photos/V15YCFQ6vDaZRaN76

Happy Thanksgiving weekend everyone!

Eli
Spear Carrier
2016-12-02 16:27:26 UTC
Thank you! I also listened to the clips you posted. It sounds gorgeous.