Filk: Isengard Way
Jeff Urs
2017-02-18 16:56:04 UTC
With all this depressing stuff going around, I thought I'd
post something a little more cheery.

"Isengard Way”
ttto "Botany Bay"

Farewell to old Gandalf forever,
And farewell Boromir, gone as well,
And farewell to the rest of our Fellowship,
And the Quest that we're sworn not to tell.

Chorus:
Singing where there's a whip there's a will, lads,
Singing where there's a will there's a way,
Singing where there's a whip there's a will, lads,
And we'll reach Isengard any day.

Well, we paddled to Rauros down Anduin,
Where old Frodo decided to stray,
And we came upon Orcs when we followed him,
So they knocked us out, took us away.

[Chorus]

There's Ugluk, he's the White Hand commander,
There's Grishnakh and his whole Mordor crew,
There're the maggots who've come down from Moria,
All to see that two hobbits get through.

[Chorus]

So look close, all you trackers now trailing us,
Don’t you miss what we've left by the way,
For we fear to think, should you be failing us,
Of what torture might get us to say.

[Chorus x2]

And we’ll reach Isengard any day!
Jeff
Kay Shapero
2017-02-20 07:28:40 UTC
Post by Jeff Urs
With all this depressing stuff going around, I thought I'd
post something a little more cheery.
"Isengard Way?
ttto "Botany Bay"
Farewell to old Gandalf forever,
And farewell Boromir, gone as well,
And farewell to the rest of our Fellowship,
And the Quest that we're sworn not to tell.
Nice!
--
Kay Shapero
FAQ at http://www.kayshapero.net/filkfaq.htm