New Filk: Mythos
X-Lydia
2017-01-20 22:00:52 UTC
I hear the Black Goat of a Thousand Young speak of old Old Ones long dead,
She whispers, in eons-forgotten tongue from a book best left unread,
The ignorant bliss, all but madness, will change for the knowledge that's all but sane,
and never, oh never that dream shall end 'til the stars are right again.

(tune: "I Hear The Soft Note", Sir Arthur Sullivan )
(lyrics by Susanna R. A. Miller)
Lee Gold XP
2017-01-21 00:36:48 UTC
Post by X-Lydia
I hear the Black Goat of a Thousand Young speak of old Old Ones long dead,
She whispers, in eons-forgotten tongue from a book best left unread,
The ignorant bliss, all but madness, will change for the knowledge that's all but sane,
and never, oh never that dream shall end 'til the stars are right again.
(tune: "I Hear The Soft Note", Sir Arthur Sullivan )
(lyrics by Susanna R. A. Miller)
I have Googled, and this seems to be from "Patience."
Please always mention the play, not just the song title / first line,
for us ignorant peopl.
Thanks.

--Lee
X-Lydia
It is from "Patience", sorry.
X-Lydia
2017-01-22 08:33:58 UTC
Post by X-Lydia
I hear the Black Goat of a Thousand Young speak of old Old Ones long dead,
She whispers, in eons-forgotten tongue from a book best left unread,
The ignorant bliss, all but madness, will change for the knowledge that's all but sane,
and never, oh never that dream shall end 'til the stars are right again.
(tune: "I Hear The Soft Note", Sir Arthur Sullivan )
(lyrics by Susanna R. A. Miller)
It is from "Patience" and here is a performance of the original song: